AUSTIN – Texas Gov. Greg Abbott positioned quite a few assets on standby in anticipation of probably extreme climate anticipated to impression the state all through Saturday night, based on the Workplace of the Governor.
Officers mentioned the storms are anticipated to convey average to heavy rainfall and potential flash flooding to south and southeast Texas.
RELATED: Potential of showers and storms for South Texas by way of Saturday night
“As extreme climate makes its manner throughout the Lone Star State, Texans ought to take note of climate alerts and heed the steering from their native officers to guard themselves and their family members,” Abbott mentioned in a launched assertion. “These assets will assist the state of Texas reply to potential flash flooding and hold our communities protected.”
Officers mentioned the Texas Division of Emergency Administration positioned the next assets on standby to help requests from native officers:
- Texas A&M Job Pressure One: City Search and Rescue Boat Squads
- Texas Parks and Wildlife: Swift water boat groups and plane with hoist functionality
- Texas Division of Public Security: Plane with hoist functionality
- Texas Division of Transportation: Excessive profile flood response belongings
Officers mentioned Texans are urged to comply with these flood preparedness and security ideas throughout extreme climate occasions:
- Know kinds of flood threat in your space. Officers mentioned to go to FEMA’s Flood Map Service Heart for info right here.
- Join your group’s warning system. Officers mentioned the Emergency Alert System and Nationwide Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Climate Radio additionally present emergency alerts.
- Construct an emergency provide package. Click on right here for extra info on construct a package.
- Buy or renew a flood insurance coverage coverage. House owner’s insurance policies don’t cowl flooding. Officers mentioned it usually takes as much as 30 days for a coverage to enter impact, so the time to purchase is earlier than a catastrophe. Get flood protection below the Nationwide Flood Insurance coverage Program.
- Hold essential paperwork in a water-proof container. Officers mentioned to create password-protected digital copies.
- Shield your property. Officers mentioned to maneuver valuables to greater ranges, declutter drains and gutters, set up test valves and to contemplate a sump pump with a battery.
Officers mentioned to be extraordinarily cautious of any water on roads or in creeks, streams, storm drains or different areas — by no means try to cross flowing streams or drive throughout flooded roadways and all the time observe highway barricades positioned in your safety.
Officers mentioned to recollect, “Flip Round Don’t Drown.”
Click on right here for extra flood security ideas.
Copyright 2020 by KSAT – All rights reserved.