Water heater to blame for two-story house fire, firefighters say

Water heater to blame for two-story house fire, firefighters say

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters are blaming a defective water heater for a fireplace at a two-story house early Wednesday morning.

The hearth was referred to as in round 3 a.m. on the house within the 700 block of Marshall Avenue, not removed from Interstate 10 simply north of downtown.

In keeping with Mark Black, Battalion Chief with the San Antonio Hearth Division, the hearth began behind the unoccupied house and it might be seen from the surface of the constructing. The primary firefighters on scene went inside to clear the constructing and located nobody inside, Black mentioned.

Firefighters had been in a position to put out the flames so it didn’t unfold to close by homes. The injury is estimated at $60,000.

Black mentioned no person lives on the house, which was inbuilt 1945, however that it did have working utilities and that it was renovated a number of occasions.

The investigation into the hearth is ongoing.

Copyright 2020 by KSAT – All rights reserved.



Source link

Leave a Reply

*